The Tate Library
At Harris Manchester College we are very lucky to have the beautiful and atmospheric Tate Library, your study space, on the first floor of the main building.
Built by Sir Henry Tate, the benefactor behind London's Tate Gallery, this is the main Undergraduate and Graduate library for the College, and provides a haven of peace in a noisy world.
Click on the presentation below for tips on how to use the Library.
- Friendly and helpful professional library staff providing one-to-one guidance and help
- Your own personal Book Fund for books which you choose and then take away with you
- 50 study spaces for students on two floors including a newly built Library Gallery
- 6 dedicated Library pcs and wifi access for laptops
- Self-issue machine for borrowing items and Book Box for returns
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Swift book-buying service for extra Library copies of core texts/new books
- Interlibrary loans for books we cannot buy but which you need
- Photocopier outside Library Office - buy a photocopy card from the Bursary.
Visit us online
and see our latest books/CDs at: