David Chong is the Founder and President of the Portcullis Group.
He is also the Executive Chairman of Fusang – the Asian Family Office, owned by his family. Fusang Investment Office Pte Ltd is a Fund Management Company licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Fusang Investment Office Limited holds a Type 9 Licence for Asset Management regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong.
David also owns the Baxian Private & Investment Bank which is licensed by the Labuan FSC.
David is a director of David Chong Law Corporation, Singapore. David qualified as a Barrister-at-
Law, Lincoln’s Inn; Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore, Malaya and Brunei; Barrister & Solicitor,
British Virgin Islands; Solicitor, NSW and Queensland, Australia; Barrister & Solicitor, Australian Capital Territory and Victoria, Australia.
David is the President of the Singapore Trustees Association (STA). He served as the Founding President of Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Singapore Branch and was the Founding President of the Singapore Fund Administrators Association (SFAA). He is a Fellow of Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford.
David has a Master’s Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Business.
1. Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn
2. Master’s Degree in Science City University, London
3. Master’s Degree in Law National University of Singapore
4. Advocate & Solicitor, Malaya
5. Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
6. Barrister & Solicitor, British Virgin Islands
7. Solicitor, NSW, Australia.
8. Barrister & Solicitor, Australian Capital Territory
9. Advocate & Solicitor, Brunei.
10. Solicitor, Queensland, Australia
11. Barrister & Solicitor, Victoria, Australia
1. Pupillage at Shook Lin & Bok, Malaysia in 1977. Practised with Shook Lin & Bok, Malaysia from 1979 to1980.
2. Lectured at the National University of Singapore from 1980 to 1983 in Contract, Company Law and Banking.
3. Practised with the firm of Arthur Loke & Partners, Singapore in 1984.
4. Established and practised in the firm of David Chong & Co., Singapore from 1984.
5. Adjunct Senior Lecturer with the National University of Singapore in 1988.
6. Established the practice of David Chong & Co. in Kuala Lumpur in 1990, Johor Bahru in 1991, Labuan in 1993.
7. Established the practice of David Chong & Co. in Sydney, Australia in 1993.
8. Established the practice of David Chong & Co. in Suzhou, People’s Republic of China in 1993.
9. Established the practice of David Chong & Co. in The British Virgin Islands in 1995.
10. Established the practice of David Chong & Co. in Yangon, Myanmar in 1995.
11. President of the Portcullis Group. The Portcullis Group is the largest independent trust, fund and family office service provider in Asia.
Membership of Professional Societies, Associations, Clubs & Other Organisations
In appreciation of his dedicated service to education, David received a Service to Education Award: School Advisory/Management committee/board member from the Ministry of Education.
1. Member of the Singapore Academy of Law Investment Committee
2. President of the Singapore Trustees Association
3. Founding President of Singapore Fund Administrators Association Ltd
4. Founding President of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (Singapore Chapter)
5. Member of Board of Governors of NUS High School of Math & Science
6. Fellow of Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford
7. Board of Regents of Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford
8. Bailli Délégué Honoraire de Singapour of Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, Bailliage de Singapour