We are delighted to welcome Dr Sophie Gibson to the Library team this week. Sophie started on Monday and will be working in the Library or Library Office, Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please do say hello if you are passing. Sophie says ' Having come here in 1998 to read for doctorate in Classics, I have now lived and worked in Oxford for over twenty years. With academic backgrounds in music, classics, and law, and an interest in children's literature, I am delighted to be joining the library staff at HMC. My family lives with a badly behaved black Labrador.' Welcome Sophie - it is great to have you here.
I thought it would also be useful to set out the arrangements for the Library over the next couple of weeks and during the Vacation.
- Books out now are due back 1st December but from Saturday 26th November the due date will change and items will be due on Monday of 1st week, 16th January.
- If you've not finished with your books, you can renew them from tomorrow so they are due 16th January 2022. If you have any problems renewing books let us know and we can do it for you.
- The Library will move to vacation hours, 8am-10pm, on Saturday 10th December. It will be closed entirely from 4.30pm 20th December and re-open at 9 am Wednesday 4th January.
- Most of the Bodleian libraries will remain open until the afternoon 23rd December but will close from 24th December to 3rd January inclusive.
- You are welcome to store items under the stairs and spare shelves in the Library over Vacation. Do please make sure to clearly label them and collect by the end of Hilary 1st week.
Many thanks for making the Library a happy and wonderful working environment this term.
Happy Christmas to all,
Kate and Sophie